Founded in 1973, Jefferson County Historical Society's (JCHS) first major effort was to successfully persuade Jefferson County Open Space (JCOS) to purchase the structures now known as Hiwan Homestead Museum. JCOS and JCHS currently maintain a cooperative relationship that preserves the historical structures while serving to display and interpret JCHS's local Colorado collection. Hiwan Homestead Museum was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974 and now features a significant Native American arts collection. The mission of JCHS is to protect, preserve and promote the history of Jefferson County. JCHS members contribute their time and financial support to collect, preserve and interpret local history, ensuring a legacy that enriches the lives of present and future generations.
- Medlen School Days Now Accepting Registration February 28, 2014
- Commemorating Canon Winfred Douglas January 30, 2014
- VALENTINE DINNER AT HIWAN HOMESTEAD MUSEUM January 27, 2014
- Rescheduled: Late 1800’s Fashions Displayed in Corset-Out Show January 13, 2014
- The Winter 2013 edition of the Record now available December 11, 2013