Events & Exhibits
CANCELED, TO BE RESCHEDULED – Jefferson County Historical Society will proudly host Lesley Poling-Kempes, award winning author of fiction and nonfiction books about the American Southwest, who will present a program about her recently released book Ladies of the Canyons: A League of Extraordinary Women & Their Adventures in the American Southwest on Friday, April 29, 2016 at 10:30 at the Timbervale Barn; which is located up the street, near the Hiwan Homestead Museum.
The Jefferson County Historical Society will proudly host historian and author, Christine Bradley, and her presentation entitled “Historic Wagon Roads to Interstate Highway: Routes to Riches” on Saturday March 19, 2016 at 1 pm. Ms. Bradley makes history come alive with her extensive knowledge and access to archives that brings to life the evolution of the routes that miners and settlers traveled in the 1850s westward through Jefferson Territory.
As present-day travelers, it is often difficult to imagine horse drawn wagons and miners with push carts traversing what we now know to be the I-70 corridor, Turkey Creek Canyon and Clear Creek Canyon. This presentation will prove to be a very worthwhile and educational experience that will explain why and when these roads were established.
- “Ladies of the Canyons: A League of Extraordinary Women & Their Adventure in the American Southwest”
- The Jefferson County Historical Society will proudly host historian and author Christine Bradley
- Pie Social celebrating the reprinting of “Upper Side of the Pie Crust”
- The Winter 2015 issue of The Record is out.
- Thanks for a great Hiwan Halloween